Firefighters extinguish west Ames garage blaze

Firefighters in Ames successfully extinguished a garage fire at a west Ames home on Thursday.

According to a press release, Ames Fire Department responders were called to a home at 312 Thackeray Avenue in Ames at approximately 3:12 p.m. Thursday on a report of a garage on fire.

Thackeray Avenue is located in west Ames, as pictured above. (Photo: Google Maps)

Firefighters arrived at the property to find flames on the outside of the garage, with the homeowner attempting to douse the fire with a hose.

The fire was put out by first responders in quick fashion, avoiding any potential spread to the structure’s attached home. No injuries occurred and none were displaced as a result of the incident.

Fire crews in Ames were successful in extinguishing an accidental garage fire on Thackeray Avenue on Thursday. (Photo: Ames Fire Department)

The cause of the fire was deemed accidental, per the release.

The Ames Fire Department continues to remind locals to regularly check that smoke alarms are functioning properly in case of a fire.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *